Code of conduct
We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all participants. This code of conduct outlines the behaviour expected from all attendees, including organisers, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and participants. By attending the event, you agree to abide by this code of conduct when engaging onsite, through the online platform or on social media.
- Treat all participants with respect, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Engage in open and constructive dialogue, while being mindful of the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of others.
- Be considerate of others’ viewpoints and experiences, even if they differ from your own.
- Maintain a harassment-free environment, free from discrimination, intimidation, or offensive behaviour based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of others.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour
If you experience or witness any violation of this code of conduct or you have other concerns, please contact an organiser or staff member. Our staff will be contactable at the registration desk onsite, through the Live Support button in the online platform, or by phone 03 6231 2999.
You may bring a person to support you when making a report, and we will ensure your report is confidential. You will not be asked to confront the person in question and we will not share your personal details.
When reporting an incident, our staff will gather information including:
- Identifying the person conducting the alleged harassing behaviour.
- Details of the behaviour alleged in violation of the code of conduct.
- The approximate time(s) of the incident(s).
- The circumstances surrounding the incident(s).
- Other people involved in the incident(s).
If required, event staff will assist by contacting venue security or law enforcement agencies, providing escorts, or otherwise help you to feel safe for the duration of the event.
The following behaviours are strictly prohibited at the event:
- Harassment, including but not limited to, offensive or derogatory verbal or written comments, unwelcome advances or following, stalking, intimidation, inappropriate or unwanted physical contact, or unwelcome sexual attention.
- Harrasment, discrimination or exclusion based on race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, or religion.
- Disruptive or disrespectful behaviour during presentations, workshops, or any activities.
- Non-consensual photography, recording, or distribution of images or content without explicit permission.
- Sexual, graphic or culturally inappropriate images.
- Any form of verbal or written abuse or aggressive behaviour.
- Advocating for or encouraging unacceptable behaviour.
- Any other behaviour that violates the principles of this code of conduct.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Participants asked to cease any unacceptable behaviour as deemed by the organisers are expected to comply immediately.
Participants who violate this code of conduct may face consequences, including but not limited to warnings, expulsion from the event without refund, and restriction from attending future events. Serious violations may result in immediate expulsion from the event and may be reported to appropriate authorities for further action.
Retaliation against individuals who report violations or cooperate in the investigation of such incidents is strictly prohibited and will be treated as a separate violation of this code of conduct.